16 Apr 2013

Final Piece Experiment







Pictures above are my first final piece idea. I started to experiment with cleaning products and creating shapes to represent the coral reef. As a base to the piece I used a blue rubber/plastic/jelly shower mat that consisted of circular holes. I then used an orange micro-fibre dusting mitt and poked it through the holes to create sea bed plants, which is a part of the coral reef make up. Whilst shopping for cleaning supplies, I picked up some air freshener gel crystals, I poured both red and blue ones onto some cling film and wrapped them up to form a ball. This is to replicate fish eggs that would be found around the reef when the fish lay their eggs. To make it look like its being damaged/ the process of the coral reef being damaged I decided to use some dish cloths and metal scourers to represent fish being caught in nets and the reefs wasting away. 
This was one of my ideas for my final piece, and I have decided to use this as an experiment and develop it further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment